- Kagoshima Marathon Executive Committee
- Japan Association of Athlete Federations Kagoshima
Minami-Nippon Shimbun Co., Ltd. / Minaminihon Broadcasting Co., Ltd. / Kagoshima Television Station Co., Ltd. (KTS)
Date and time
8:30am Marathon / Fun run starts
10:15am Fun run finishes
3:30pm Marathon finishes
Check-in dates and times
March 4, 2017 (Sat) 10:00am-8:30pm (scheduled)
of Athletics Federations (JAAF) and the regulations for this competition.
Event ⁄ Capacity ⁄ Time limit ⁄ Fee
|Event||Entry category||Capacity||Time limit||Fee|
Group (2–5 people)
|Junior high school and above||Individual
Group (2–5 people)
|2,000||1 hour 45 min||¥3,000|
General: 7,000; Kagoshima citizens: 2,500; Other prefectures/overseas: 500
*Time limits are based on gun time.
Award for participation (T-shirt sizes)
- Please use this chart as a guide for selecting your T-shirt size. (JASPO standards)
*T-shirt sizes cannot be changed after applications have been made.
Those who are 18 years of age and above on the day of the marathon (excluding high school students)
- (1) General section: Those not registered with JAAF
- (2) Registered section: Athletes registered with JAAF
- Those of junior high school age and above
- (1)Marathon (overall): 1st – 8th place for both men and women separately
- (2)Marathon (by age group): 1st – 3rd place for both men and women separately (24 years and under, 25 – 29 years (divided into 5-year age groups up until 74 years), 75 years and above)
In order to ensure a safe and smooth start to the marathon, standby blocks will be set according to the times athletes declare when registering irrespective of whether they are registered with JAAF.*Those who do not declare a time will start from the blocks at the rear of the line.
The fun run will start after the marathon.*There is no signal gun or measurement of records for the fun run.
Those competing in events other than the registered category are permitted to wear costumes, but these must not be of a kind that are unsuitable for sporting events, such as those that contravene laws or go against public order and standards of decency, or those that compromise the safety or comfort of other runners and spectators.
- (1) Entry fees/processing fees will not be refunded if the event is cancelled due to reasons beyond the control of the organizers, such as earthquakes, wind or flood damage, storms, snowfall, unforeseen occurrences, mishaps, epidemics, or other similar cases.
- (2) In the event of an emergency during the marathon, such as an accident or fire, emergency vehicles may be given access to anywhere along the course. In such cases, races will be temporarily halted on the instructions of staff.
- (3) For event-related matters not covered above, please follow the instructions of the organizers.